This policy applies to situations in which UBL collects personal information. This information includes but is not limited to the collection via websites operated by or on behalf of UBL. Websites may contain links to non-UBL websites. UBL is not responsible for the privacy policies of non-UBL websites.
Personal information collected may be via:
- Details filled in an application form
- Details shared over the telephone, e-mail, UBL website, or from contact with UBL in person
Personal information may include but is not restricted to
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Information shall be collected by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way
- Information shall be used only for the particular purpose that it has been provided for or a directly related purpose
What UBL does with the information gathered
UBL requires this information to understand the needs of customers/third-party vendors to effectively deliver services for the following reasons:
- To improve our products and services
- To send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information
- To collate information for market research purposes
Security of the personal information collected
To protect or prevent unauthorized access of information, UBL has put in place suitable physical, electronic, technical, administrative, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected.
Information used through cookies
Cookies are small units of data that some websites either write to your hard drive when you visit their websites or store on your browser. These data files contain information that the site can use to organize the pages you have visited on a particular website.
UBL uses traffic log cookies to identify pages that are being used. This helps UBL analyze data about web page traffic and improve the website to tailor it to customer needs. UBL only uses this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Links to other websites
UBL website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once a user has used these links to leave the UBL site, UBL does not have any control over that other website(s). Therefore, UBL cannot be responsible for the privacy and protection of any information when a user browses such sites. Those sites are not governed by this privacy statement. Users should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Queries or complaints
In case of any questions or complaints concerning privacy, please contact: